|For Immediate Release
February 9, 2005, Miramar, Florida . . . FLA Orthopedics, Inc., a leading manufacturer
of orthopedic, sports medicine and bracing products is pleased to introduce its new...
HealWell® Soft Ease™
The occurrence of pressure ulcers is an escalating healthcare problem costing
nearly $3.6 billion annually in the U.S. alone. With the number of patients
affected by diabetes and obesity on the rise, finding economical, effective
heel ulcers prevention is crucial.
The HealWell® Soft Ease™ Multi-AFO/Heel Suspender positions the foot with the heel
completely suspended, eliminating pressure and preventing ulcers. The unique shape
allows the heel to float in an air cavity with absolutely no contact. By
suspending the heel, the Soft Ease™ promotes air circulation around the foot,
aiding in the treatment and healing of existing ulcers. The resilient plastic
shell base correctly positions the foot for treatment of foot drop and non-fixed
ankle/foot contractures. It also maintains alignment of the foot with the lower
leg, minimizing inversion and eversion of the foot. |
Unlike other bulky foam products on the market, the HealWell® SoftEase™ is an
economical, effective solution for heel ulcer prevention in any at-risk patient.
The convenient replaceable/disposable cover helps maintain a hygienic environment,
which is critical in ulcer management.
HealWell® Soft Ease™ features and benefits include:
The HealWell® Soft Ease™ is packaged in a unique, triangular shaped box with high
impact, shelf display-ready graphics. The box shape and size requires minimal space
for easy stocking and handling. Each HealWell® Soft Ease™ is packaged with complete
application and care instructions.
- Unique shape and resilient plastic shell base maintains a neutral foot position
- Completely suspends the heel, protecting it from pressure and friction
- Low bulk design allows for air circulation to prevent heel ulcers and improve healing of existing heel ulcers
- Super soft material wicks moisture away to keep skin dry and reduces friction and shear
- Integrated, padded toe post protects the toes from contact with bed linens to prevent skin breakdown
- Fully adjustable straps accommodate edema (swelling) changes
- Extra padding at sensitive Achilles area
- Removable/washable one-piece cover and mesh laundry bag included
- Replacement covers are available to maintain a fresh, hygienic product
- Fits right or left
For more information, visit
www.healwellinfo.com or contact FLA Orthopedics, Inc. toll-free at
# # #